The Strait and Narrow Path

 Novemeber 16, 2015

Family and Friends,
Como les va? Life is sooooooooo wonderful! Nothing new is going on here, just good old missionary work. We are now "riding" the streets of Wenatchee with our new hot rods. Yep, you heard me right, we got bikes! WOOOOOOOOOO. A wonderful member decided to lend us his bicycles. Wenatchee is full of steep hills, so depending on where we are at we either have a wonderful time riding down hills or a "so-so" time riding uphill. As we approach the winter season, riding bikes will be interesting in this Northern part of Washington.
Our week was incredible. We were blessed to be led to six new investigators. It's been exciting finding new people to teach since day 1 in Wenatchee. Our teaching pool is there, now we just need to encourage and push them towards making the covenant of baptism. Winter time is harvest time with the Hispanic community, so the colder it gets the more people we are blessed to teach. The Lord is truly preparing so many incredible people for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. 
Elder Kiser is a CRACK-UP! I haven't laughed my whole mission as much as I did this past week. He's got an exciting and energetic personality which always keeps me on my feet. I ABSOLUTELY love him and find it a sacred privilege to serve by his side.
This week I've gained a testimony of the power of the scriptures. I started reading The Book of Mormon again and the revelatory experiences keep flowing out. The scriptures keep us on the Strait and Narrow path described in 2 Nephi. The scriptures contain the word of God. Latter-day prophets counsel us to study the scriptures every day, both individually and with our families. As we do so, we can't go off path. I love this church and I love my mission.
Love Always,
Elder Smith







No comments:

Post a Comment