Our Winter Wonderland

December 7, 2015 

Family and Friends, 
Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful. This week we got about 4 feet of snow and I absolutely love it! We are sliding in our Toyota Corolla and I'm finally learning how to drive in the snow. I'm a California kid and highly inexperienced and inadequate, therefore I take it slow. 
On Wednesday, I received an unexpected call from President Lewis and he informed me that I would be transferred to Leavenworth. Leavenworth is one of the biggest attractions for Christmas in the state of Washington. It is an old Bavarian styled village that attracts 2 million people during the Christmas season. Our purpose is to advertise the new Christmas video, "A Savior is Born." My new companions are Elder Gleed and Elder Tays. They also will be returning home on December 18th. President Lewis definitely received heaven sent inspiration for placing missionaries in Leavenworth. What an incredible way to spread the Christmas cheer and share that Jesus Christ is the true gift of Christmas. We contacted over 500 people over the course of four days and all together did a total of over 42 hours of service. The members of this ward are phenomenal and have already had a deep impact on my heart. I mentioned that in my testimony on Sunday about their "impact" and one of the members found it comical because the night before she backed into our car. What a pun, right?! Anyways, life is just wonderful and we feel as if we are in a winter wonderland. I've never been so sore and exhausted, but I can't think of a more exciting way to end these greatest two years of my life. Please see the pictures attached to appreciate the beauty of Leavenworth. A quick side note. After talking to several people this week with many types of backgrounds, EVERYONE is interested in coming closer to our Savior this holiday season. Please don't be frightened to share the gospel. If you are, I would invite you to read, "A Word for the Hesitant Missionary" by Elder Uchtdorf. This short two minute video is very non-threatening. Please please please share the spirit of Christmas with all of your loved ones. 
Although this news was exciting, I will greatly miss Elder Kiser. He's actually sitting right next to me because we are in the same zone, so I don't miss him toooo much;) I'm grateful and appreciative for his righteous example in my life. 

Love you all so much,
Stay safe,
Elder Smith






































No comments:

Post a Comment