It Never Ends....

December 14, 2015

Hello family and friends,
As I sit here in front of the computer screen my heart is full of a bittersweet feeling. I can hardly believe that this will be my last email I send while serving as a representative of Jesus Christ. Throughout my life, I have been blessed with growing opportunities and spiritual experiences. However, I stand with Elder Holland when he stated, "No young man could have ever served a mission and been more affected by it then I was." As weeks have passed, I have noticed my Savior guide me and walk beside me. His light in my life has illuminated brighter and brighter than ever before. He knows me, he loves me, and he is truly the Prince of Peace. I've come to know that he feels this way about each one of you as well. We are all brothers and sisters here during this mortal experience and our purpose is to return to live with our Father in Heaven with our eternal families. He expects us to exercise faith, repent daily, enter into the waters of baptism, receive that wonderful gift of the Holy Ghost, and enjoy to the end. All of these blessings are made possible by developing and becoming more Christlike. As we follow Christ and come to the conclusion that "his grace is sufficient, after all we can do," we will notice and feel an everlasting joy fill our lives. The apostle Paul declared, "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." Charity truly never does fail. 
As I wrap up my final email, I would like to express appreciation to my companions, my Mission President, His Wife, my parents, and most importantly my Heavenly Father for providing this experience. Although my mission has ended, my desire to serve the Lord has not. I am a changed boy, and desire with all my heart to continue rendering service. These truly were and forever will be, "My best two years."

Love Always,
Elder Smith









No comments:

Post a Comment