Hasta Ver

October 19, 2015 

A Big Hello From the Washington Yakima Mission,
How are all of my wonderful family and friends doing? It's getting a bit chilly so bring out those winter coats and prepare for a COOOOOL winter. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and like always, I have to express deep gratitude for the support and prayers you render in my behalf. You provide me with strength and endurance to continue pressing forward with faith.
This week brings transfers. What exactly does that mean? It means that the thinking caps come on as we help organize cars, phones, missionaries, etc. I never thought I'd enjoy being a travel planner, but it's a huge puzzle with countless curve balls thrown at you. I LOVE IT! So, although I was involved with preparing for transfers, it looks like this is my last one. President informed me that I would be released as an Assistant this transfer and have the sacred privilege of training a new missionary. I will be transferred to the Mission Ridge Ward in Wenatchee. We get to pick up the new missionaries from the airport tomorrow so I will meet my new companion very soon! Elder Carter will be the new assistant and will do a wonderful job. He is a dear friend of mine. 
Words can't describe the growing experiences and memorable moments I have witnessed over these past 6 months as an Assistant to the President. Both President Ware and President Lewis have changed my life. And I say that in the most sincere and honest way possible. These two men are some of my best friends and my hero's. There inspired ways of leading and loving others has given my life a new perspective. If love is the motive, than you will be a light to those around you. Especially at the formation of this new Yakima Mission, I have grown a deep appreciation for Mission President's and their wives. It brings me to tears knowing that I have become good friends with such incredible people. I will forever remember Sister Lewis, and for her sweet spirit and kind heart. The office staff, fellow missionaries, and the Lord are those that have been my fuel to keep me going. I LOVE MY MISSION. To all the wonderful people who have surrounded me....thank you....thank you.....thank you:,) 
Love you all,
Elder Smith





No comments:

Post a Comment