Charity Helps Us Become

June 22, 2015 

Hello Wonderful Family and Friends,
It's been quite a magnificent week here in the Washington, Kennewick Mission. We are preparing for the mission split and are excited for the arrival of President and Sister Lewis. We've been running around busy as ever and are enjoying every second of this experience. The Lord is truly hastening his work and that is made evident through this mission split. I am going to deeply miss the WKM due to all the wonderful missionaries and people I have met. I know President and Sister Ware are inspired. Being around them more frequently allows me to understand the importance of being in tune with the spirit at all times and in all places. 
This week we will be heading up North with President and Sister Ware to assist them  in saying goodbye to all the missionaries which will be in the Yakima Mission. Therefore, Elder Archibald and I are on the road again. 
Last week we drove all the missionaries around for transfers and got everyone settled into their new areas. When I was in Quincy, I was greeted by some special visitors. The FERNANDEZ FAMILY! I was teaching them in Quincy and happened to run into them at the church. The kids came running up to me saying, "SMITH, SMITH, SMITH, WE MISS YOU!" "Why are you here?" I asked. It turns out, the kids were having their baptismal interviews. Tears practically ran down my cheeks due to the joy I felt. Definitely one of the most memorable experiences I've had on my mission.  
“When we offer succor to anyone, the Savior feels it as if we reached out to succor Him.” —President Henry B. Eyring of the First Presidency. I love this truth taught by Elder Eyring. I know this church is true.

Love ya,

Elder Smith











No comments:

Post a Comment