True Happiness Comes From Making Others Happy

June 29, 2015 
WOOOOOOOOO,
Hoping your week was incredible and full of several memorable experiences. I sure miss all of you!
The clock is ticking and President and Sister Lewis get here in two days! I am so excited and eager to meet this wonderful couple. This past week has been quite the experience. We drove about 1500 miles, ran around the mission, and are continuing to prepare for this mission split. I feel extremely blessed to have served as a Washington, Kennewick missionary and will now have the privilege to serve as a Washington Yakima missionary. The mission office is set up, the mission home is beautiful, and our new apartment is jaw dropping. Everything is happening fast and our hairs are sticking up due to anticipation. 
Also, this week I received a wedding invitation to my sisters wedding. Although I won't be there for her and Josh's special occasion, I hope they know of my deep love for them and know that I will be there in spirits. They are the cutest couple:)
I would also like to say a quick thank you to my wonderful parents. Throughout the week, I truly pondered and came to the conclusion that your family shapes you. To my mom, my dad, my sister, and all my other relatives, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the light and guidance that you have provided in my life. Elder L. Tom Perry stated, "It is more important than ever to make our families the center of our lives and the top of our priorities." I couldn't agree more. If you have distanced yourself from your family and/or think your family is unimportant, I would recommend serving your family members every day. Through serving members of your family, you will strengthen relationships and build a sense of unity within your home. Make them happy because I promise they do everything they can to make you happy. If you don't feel that way, serve more. I love my family and I love their example to me.

I love all of you,

Elder Smith




















No comments:

Post a Comment