Kindness is the Essence of Greatness

June 15, 2015 

Family and Friends,
Well HOWD'Y! How y'all doing this fine and beautiful day? Your week was wonderful right? I most certainly hope so. The weather is getting warmer, the beach sounds more appealing, and everyone is ready for a nice summer vacation.
Our week was fantastic. President and Sister Ware gave me the assignment to be one of the assistants to the President in the new Yakima Mission serving alongside President and Sister Lewis. My heart is full of gratitude and I feel privileged to have this opportunity. My companion will be Elder Archibald. He is from the Dalles in the Vancouver Mission and will be serving in Yakima as well. Dalles will be included in the new mission. We have had a blast serving with each other these past couple of days and are excited for the several revelatory experiences to come. I've only known Elder Archibald for two days, but I already know that he is a humble leader. 
I apologize for making this message short, but I would like to simply bear my testimony. I know this church is true. I know it with all my heart. The gospel of Jesus Christ gives me hope and courage to press on and endure. We must walk by faith and walk with a pure heart. President Uchtdorf stated, "Love should be our walk and our talk." I'm eternally blessed for the example Jesus Christ has given us. We can laugh, smile, experience joy, and help others because of this life our Heavenly Father has given us. 

I love you all.

Elder Smith





No comments:

Post a Comment