Let the Lord be Your Light

May 11, 2015 
Family and Friends,
My heart is filled with gratitude for my mother this week as I commemorate all that she has done for me. Mothers are such a crucial part in our lives and they truly provide the guidance and direction we need in our lives. To my mother, I want you to know of the deep love I have for you and the appreciation in my heart for your willingness to care for our family. You are a light in my life and always will be. "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my mommy you'll be." "When we understand the magnitude of motherhood, it becomes clear why prophets have been so protective of woman’s most sacred role," said Sheri Dew. 
Our week has been incredible. It has been busy, but extremely rewarding. We had an amazing experience with an inactive member named James. James is 19 and when we met him he said, "Guys, I want to get my life back in line." Well long story short, he came to church and he know wants to go on a mission! It's amazing to see how quick the gospel can provide change and happiness in our lives, what a great blessing! The rest of the week was full of wonderful miracles and feeling the Lord's hand guide us.  Our mission President has been teaching us missionaries an important principle lately. "We don't seek the miracle, we seek the faith so that the miracle will proceed." That is so powerful and such a great truth. In my nightly prayers, I have always asked, help us to see a miracle tomorrow, let us find someone, etc. Now, I realize the importance of asking for an increased amount of faith so that the Lord can bless us with the miracle. I heard a scripture this week that truly changed my perspective about missionary work. Doctrine and Covenants 16:6 reads "And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen." WOW! My motivation was  kicked up 1,000 notches when I heard this powerful and uplifting scripture. 
I love you all so much and hope your mother's day was a special one. Love your mothers and do whatever you can to make every day her special day.

Love always,
Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment