LIFT

May 18, 2015 

Family and Friends,
What have you done today to lift someone else? What will you do to search for someone else's happiness? What can you do to become more Christ-like? These are questions that I have been pondering this past week. It's amazing to think how just the smallest action to help someone else can mean the world. "To the world you may only be one person, but to one person you may be the world." I love this quote and the principle of charity because it allows the Light of Christ to be transmitted to others. Charity also helps us become more humble as well. When we take the focus off ourselves and lift others, we will notice a light dwell within our hearts. There will be no need to compare, no need to judge, and no need to break others down. Rather, take interest in someone else and eliminate all pride. Will you all please join me this week in losing ourselves and lifting our peers? I know that as we all take small steps, we will feel the presence of our Savior radiate to those we are serving as well as ourselves. Here's a little video that may help;)
Our week was absolutely wonderful. Although we didn't have a lot of time to spend in our area, we saw several miracles and felt the Lord blessing us. We had MLC this past week (Mission Leadership Conference). It was a revelatory experience in which we learned from the spirit. I have been trying to learn a lot about the prayer of faith. Often times in my mission I feel like I seek the miracle or the fruit, when in fact, I just have to realize that I am not in charge, but heaven is in charge. It's not about the faith in the miracle, it's about faith in Jesus Christ. If we have the faith, the miracle will come to pass. Also, we learned from our Mission President that the time for planting seeds is over, it is harvesting time. He wrote on the board, "In this mission we ________." After, he had us all answer and the first person said, "baptize." "That is exactly right," claimed President Ware. Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel. Baptism is the first step. A quick side not to say how eternally grateful I am for the dedication and devotion of President and Sister Ware, they are incredible people. 
I love you all so much and I love this church. I'd like to bear my testimony that if you are searching for any answers in your life, seek the Lord and his guidance. I miss you and think about each one of you every single day. 

Love Always, 
Elder Smith







No comments:

Post a Comment