Well, Here We Go!:)

April  27, 2015

Good Morning Family and Friends,
I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful sunny day.  While serving in Washington, the Spring has been my favorite period of the year due to the plants growing and the flowers blossoming. Serving in small farming communities has allowed made me come to love the large fields and the laid back lifestyle. 
It seems as if I find myself in a very large city this morning. I have been given a new assignment to serve in the Pasco 9th Ward with Elder Stringham and Elder Adling. Elder Adling is unfortunately going home in a couple of weeks and was a great example for everyone who served around him. I have been here in Kennewick for about 5 days now and I absolutely love it. Serving with the two missionaries which have set such a great example previously has been a great learning experience. I love them both so much! In the words of Elder Adling, "He is retired." President Ware had an interview with me on Wednesday and said to pack my bags because I was leaving the following day. I will now be serving in the office as an Assistant to the President. I feel so blessed to be given this opportunity. I know that through prayer and faith, the Lord will help me with this leadership opportunities.
Unfortunately, I had to leave Elder Knowles very quickly. He is now in a trio with the other 2 missionaries that I was previously living with. I loved serving with him and absorbing as much as I could from his many talents and abilities. I will miss him dearly. However, Elder Stringham is also incredible and has such a strong testimony of the gospel. Throughout this week, I have felt the spirit that he provides and his strong desire to share the gospel with everyone. 
I don't have too much time, but I wanted to quickly bear my testimony about our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know he lives. I know that if we search his light, he will provide us that needed light to get through both the good and the bad. I love him and I love his restored gospel.

Love Always,
Elder Smith







No comments:

Post a Comment