Embark in the Service of God

April 20, 2015 

Family and Friends,
How is everybody? I hope you are all doing well and living life to its fullest. It's mind boggling to think that summer is just right around the corner. Can time just slow down a little bit? This past year has by far been the quickest one that I have lived. Time flies by when you're having fun right. I couldn't agree more because serving a mission is by far the most fun, happy, spiritual uplifting experience that one could ask for. Emocionante, esto es emocionante. 
Our week here in Yakima Washington was wonderful, absolutely wonderful. We are hoping and praying that as this transfer comes to a close that we will stay here because the work is blowing up! We are working very closely with the Ceja family and they are just a few steps away from accepting the invitation to be baptized. The father is getting baptized this Saturday! WOOOOO:) They are searching for an answer, therefore God will provide the answer. That is probably my favorite aspect about missionary work. We simply ask people to find their own answer. We do not need to be clever with our words or use a large amount of scriptures to prove our church is true, but simply testify of simple truths and invite them to act in faith. An investigator told us just last night, "I love how you don't shove it down my throat, but instead confide in God because you know he will guide me." We are invitation givers, not forceful bashers. The restored gospel has the power to fill any emptiness and heal any wound. It is a way in which can overcome all sorrow and contention. 
We also find a golden new investigator this week named Moises. Translated to "Moses" in English. The Lord touched his heart and he has a baptismal date for the 16th of next month! The Lord is preparing so many people to bring unto him it is INCREDIBLE. I love this church, I love life, and I love all of you! Have a great week!


Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment