Overcoming the Fear of Men

March 23, 2015 

Family and Friends,
Where has the time gone? I feel as if everyday I'm sitting behind this computer and writing you a new letter. I hope these aren't getting repetitive or dis-interesting because at times I feel as if I just blabber on about how happy I am. The reason I do that is because I truly am the happiest I have ever been and love sharing my experiences with you. I hope that you are cherishing every moment that you share together as well. Moments are the molecules that make up eternity. 
All of our investigators are doing fantastic. This Saturday we will be having the baptism of Hortencia. Like I've previously said, she has been prepared from the Lord since day one. Also, we put Silvino back on date to be baptized the 11th of April! His two daughters may follow his fathers example as well, so stay tuned and buckle your seat belts. We received our transfer calls this past week and Elder Knowles and I will be staying here in the promised land of Yakima.  
This week I have been absolutely addicted to the teachings of Jesus Christ found in the Bible. One chapter in particular allowed myself to better recognize how to become a "good soldier of Jesus Christ.

" 2 Timothy Chapter 2.
2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

~After reading these verses I came to the conclusion that missionary work is indeed hard and we will have to endure and press forward with an eye of faith while serving. Also, I love how it implies that we have to leave all worldly affairs behind so that we may be sanctified through Jesus Christ who allowed us to have this opportunity. 

6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect’s sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
~"We endure all things for the elect's sakes." Isn't that quite a powerful line. We endure trials, we choose to be obedient, we choose to magnify our callings within, we are obedient, we focus on our purpose, we do ALL these things because we love every single son and daughter of God and we can't afford to let them get away. I feel a great responsibility knowing that my actions and thoughts will have such an impact on those of the Lord's "elect." 
I love you all so much and hope you have a fantastic week. Stay Safe!

Love Always,
Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment