Rise Up and Become the Person You Were Meant to Be!

March 17, 2015 
Family and Friends,
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the beautiful weather outside; Isn't it wonderful? :) I hope the weather is just as beautiful wherever you are at. It's a great time to cook some carne asada as well! This week, we were blessed to be fed carne asada from a different person every single day of the week. The Hispanic culture is outrageously giving. Every time we smell meat on the barbecue we simply follow the smell and it always results with some carne asada tacos. My companion and my fingers consistently smelled like meat for about 3 days. 
Besides the large amounts of carne asada we consumed, our week was great. I know I say that every week, but the mission life never ceases to make me incredibly happy all the time. Heavenly Father has definitely been blessing me with home sickness. It seems that if I just keep my mind and actions focused on the work, I can leave everything else behind. I feel like the Lord is consistently telling me, "Stay focused on your purpose Elder." I love the wording and power behind our purpose. It reads, "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." Our mission president always reminds us of the two action words in our purpose. They are "invite" and "help". When I think of missionary work as an act of service and that we have the potential to "help" others, it gives me the push and desire I need to keep going. It all starts with leaving everything behind and eliminating my fears with faith. I love how faith is a principle of action and power. 
All of our investigators are doing great! Please keep all of them in your prayers!
Have a great week, I love you all so much!

Love Always,
Elder Smith






No comments:

Post a Comment