Live it, Learn it, Love it!

February 23, 2015

Family and Friends,
The Lord is pouring down miracles upon us this week here in Yakima. I say it almost every week, but THE MISSION IS AWESOME. There is honestly no place I'd rather be than here in Washington. Everywhere we go, people continually ask us what we do as missionaries. When we tell them that we leave for two years and devote our time to share the gospel, their eyes always open in surprise. Why do young men and women walk around in fancy clothes and talk about Jesus? Why is this message so important to us? The answer is very simple. We have felt the joy and we want to spread the joy. 
A miracle that we saw this week came from a woman named Hortencia. A member had referred us to this 61 year old lady because she had talked to her at work. We entered into her house and the first thing she said was, "Quiero congregarme con su iglesia." (I want to join your church). My companion and I simply looked at each other with pure joy for we knew that the Lord had already prepared her to receive the restored gospel. Moments like these is why we come on missions; To watch the power that the Lord has to bring others to him by outpouring the spirit upon them. In addition, I had the opportunity to hear one of the most heart warming stories this past week. A 19 year old young man shared his conversion story with my companion and I. I have not cried that hard in a long time. I wish I could go into detail, but because his story is private I cannot share it. But this I can say! I know this church is true. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ has the power to shape us, to purify us, and to change us. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL! I LOVE YOU ALL! 

Love Always,
Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment