Search Onward, Reach Outward, Search Heavenward

February 2, 2015

I write you this week with deep gratitude in my heart for the opportunity to serve a mission. This past week has been rewarding because the Lord consistently continues to shower miracles upon our investigators here in Quincy. The mission is truly a roller-coaster ride of emotions. I wish I could describe it, but I simply can't. Although we have hard days and troubling times, all of those moments get wiped away from the memorable ones. This week we witnessed several remarkable moments which truly allows you to see the power of the Lord and his involvement in this work.
This past week the Lord touched 11 of his sons and daughters to come to church. It was a little humorous because we had more investigators at church then we did members! I think they were a little confused by the testimony meeting, but I know they felt the spirit in the chapel. We also witnessed a miracle this week with the Dominguez family. This family has been taught by missionaries for about a year, knows the church is true, but simply didn't have the desire to be baptized. After thoughtful prayer, my companion and I decided to focus primarily on the kids and allow them to set the example for their parents. It was by far the most intense and spiritually impacted lesson I have ever taught. We were bold in the spirit of loving and had to give the family a big push. The parents gave the 3 kids permission and they now have a baptismal date for the 21st of February. We know that the baptism will touch the parents heart and that they will join their kids on this date. Please keep them in your prayers. Also, we had a lesson with the Fernandez family, and the wife looked at us and said, "I want to be baptized, but I have to get married right?" We were so thrilled and now the two parents are going to pray about a day to get married in the church so they can be baptized after. There is nothing better than watching others develop more faith every time you meet with them! SPIRITUAL OVERLOAD! HAHA
This week we also had the chance to participate in an "Activity Day" for the youth in the church. We had a mini MTC class and we taught the language portion of the MTC. It was a blast! 
Well I hope you all had an amazing week as well!

Love Always,
Elder Smith 









No comments:

Post a Comment