Only a Life Lived for Others is a Life Worthwhile

January 26, 2015 

Family and Friends,
I hope everyone had a memorable week. I wish I could report a single event that was amazing this past week, but there really is never a dull moment about missionary work. The whole experience in itself is quite amazing! Transfers are coming up and everyone is beginning to become frantic to find out if they will stay or go.  I always thought transfers were quite depressing because you have to leave several people who you have built a strong relationship with. It's always a bitter-sweet experience. 
I heard a lot of amazing quotes this week so I thought I would share a couple of them just for kicks and giggles. I just really love hearing a good quote! 
~"When you judge others you do not define them, you define yourself"
~"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through a different person that he meets our needs"
~"The only people you should try to get even with are those who've helped you out"
~"A candle that lights another candle loses no light itself"
AREN'T THOSE GREAT AND APPLICABLE TO ALL OF US! 
All of these quotes reflect charity is some way. Like the scriptures state, charity truly is the pure love of Christ! If there is nothing else we can do for someone else, we can always demonstrate a little bit of charity. Let us provide light to someone else's day so that we can shine brighter and brighter.  
All of our investigators are doing well and we have been very blessed. The Fernandez family attended church again for the third time and have a strong desire to be baptized. We are hoping they will get married soon. Please keep them in your prayers.
Sending all my love and good wishes. 

Love Always,
Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment