Strive and Reach

January 20, 2015 

Hola Familia y Amigos,
I hope you all find yourselves well during this wonderful new year. The weather outside has been quite frightful this past week as we witnessed a fairly large amount of snowfall in Washington. Evidently, I'm not accustomed to snowfall due to an experience I had. It was late at night and the other Elder's gave my companion and I a ride home. Outside of our apartment we found this snowman that formed a giant hill of snow. "Hey Elder Smith, I dare you to go tackle that snowman," said the other three elders. Of course I couldn't turn this opportunity down. I ran at the snowman and with all my strength tried to take it down. BOOOOM! To my surprise I had the wind knocked out of me and fell to the ground. I had just tacked a giant tree stump. WOOPEE:) 
This week I gained a strong testimony about attitude and how it corresponds with missionary work. It seems as if when we push forward with a good attitude and faith, everything works out great and we find success. If we slack off a bit and are negative, we witness an opposite affect. I'm so glad to be a WKM missionary because the guidance we are given is truly allowing us to apply the doctrine of Christ and become better! The gospel is all about change and improvement. 
Also, I heard a quote today that pricked my heart. It reads, "Teamwork makes the dream work." Missionary work truly is about teamwork. When I think about the team we are playing for it really allows myself to realize the magnitude of my calling. What team am I playing for? Am I giving my team all I can to allow our team to win? Am I putting all of my heart into the work to find new teammates? We should all strive to be on the Lord's team and strengthen his team by living the law of obedience. I'm so grateful for the opportunity we have to continually strive to become better and improve together as a team. 
I love you all so very much and hope you have a great week!

Love Always,
Elder Smith





No comments:

Post a Comment