Hasta Ver Warden

November 17, 2014

Family and Friends,
Words can't describe how much I stinking love you! Life is good, you know? I mean, Christmas season is right around the corner and the weather feels great. How can anybody not cherish how amazing the gift of life truly is. May we ever walk in the path of life with a smile on our faces as we cherish the moments that matter most. The moments that involve family, service, and a love for our fellow man. 
We've had an amazing week here in Warden, and received our transfer calls.  I am sad to report that I will be transferred out of Warden. I can't express the love and appreciation I feel for all of the several amazing people I have come in contact with. Although Warden may be small, there is a sense of unity and fellowship that is undeniable. I am thankful to say that I will be transferred to Quincy, Washington. Although I am unfamiliar with Quincy, I know that this is the place where I must go. I was also grateful to receive the call to train another new missionary. This is a great and marvelous blessing that will be a joyful experience. In addition, I was called to be the District Leader. I feel so blessed to take on this responsibility. I know that through these changes, I will continue to grow my testimony and come closer to the Lord.
I found out the secret to missionary work this past week and decided I would share it. The secret to missionary work is happiness and love. Happiness is so vital and crucial as a missionary. Through the hard and through the good, you gotta keep that smile on your face.  Love, the essence of the Gospel. There are three things we must love while serving a mission. First, your companion. Without love for your companion, you alter your ability to teach in unity and teach by the spirit.  Second, a love for your investigators. If we as missionaries are simply going through the motions and don't focus on the needs of our investigators with love, we aren't fulfilling our purpose to invite others to Christ. Thirdly, a love for our Savior, Jesus Christ. He is the source and the light of the world.  He conquers all darkness and is waiting with open arms. We simply must receive his embrace and show our love through obedience. He will bear our grief and carry our burdens, we simply must show that we are worthy.

Love Always,
Elder Smith

























No comments:

Post a Comment