The Mission- Nothing Quite Like It

September 15, 2014 
Hello loved ones,
    How are all of my favorite people in the world doing?  I love you all so much and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about my loved ones.  I feel immensely grateful for all the support and love I have been given throughout my life, I am truly blessed.  I hope everyone is adjusting to their new schedule of going back to school, work, etc. I've heard that the weather has been quite hot in California which surprises me because Washington has been fairly cool.  Well stay out of the heat and hit the beach!
Throughout the course of this week I have been spiritually fed and uplifted. Elder Johnson and I are so grateful for the opportunity we have to serve in Warden, Washington and are excited for things to come in the near future. We know that as we align our will with our Father in Heaven's, we will notice his hand guide and direct us. The Lord allows us to feel his light in our life, we just have to stand in holy places, demonstrate humility, and recognize the promptings we receive.  There is nothing quite like feeling the Lord's personalized love for each and everyone of us!
This week we also had the opportunity to witness the baptism of Mario and Mariana.  We have taught these two lovely kids and watched them move forward to the path of baptism.  The mother is a member of the church, but the father is not.  However, it was amazing to see the father's eyes light up as he witnessed his two children step into the baptismal font.  After their baptism, the two children demonstrated both how happy they felt and the peace they received.  It's truly a miracle that Jesus Christ has set this example for all of us to be baptized.  It's through the Savior's example that several notice the Light of Christ illuminate within them.  He was the ultimate example of service, humility, and love.  How important it is for us to strive to follow this example as closely as possible.
    Also this week my companion and I were given the chance to speak in Stake Conference.  When we were notified the night before that our Mission President wanted us to speak it was pretty intimidating.  We were going to have to speak in front of 1,000 people, our Mission President, and a General Authority of the church.  Nerves definitely kicked in a little bit.  However, we hardly prepared and decided we would just follow the spirit.  It's amazing how preparation is not needed when you rely COMPLETELY on the spirit.  This applies to all aspects of our life.  Luckily, the talk went well.
I hope everyone has an amazing week and takes a leap of faith in some sort of way. I love you all.

Love always,
Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment