Can Time Slow Down a Bit Please

 September 1, 2014

Family and Friends,
    As summer comes to a close and the sunny weather begins to fade, we are reminded of the joyful times of the summer and the joyful times to come. What a beautiful world we live in which we can create memorable moments throughout the entire year. I hope you all have had a great week and are absorbing the heat while it is with us.
    My week here in Warden Washington has been nothing less than spectacular, as usual. I wish I didn't have to repeat myself every week, but the mission life is a continual journey of joy. If I were to describe the mission in five words it would be the following: Spiritual, Faith Building, Joyful, Fast, and Fun. Simple words that have so much meaning behind them.  Thus far, I wouldn't have exchanged this experience for anything in the world.  Acting in faith is challenging, but as we embrace the teachings of the gospel, faith will follow. "As we appropriately seek for and receive the spiritual gift of faith in the Redeemer, we then turn to and rely upon the merits, the mercy, and the grace of the Holy Messiah," said Elder David A. Bednar.  I challenge all of you to take a step of faith this week whether it be through prayer, service for others, etc.  Always seek to find faith building and faith promoting situations through striving to stand in holy places. As we do so, we will find a light bloom within ourselves that was previously in-existent.
    Our investigators are doing well and we are still looking forward to the baptism of Mariana and Mario on the 13th of September.  They are just so excited for their baptism which always puts a smile on our face. What a blessing it is to work side by side with Elder Johnson.  I wish I would have been as good of a Trainee for my Trainer as Elder Johnson is to me. We are continually pushing one another and have enjoyed sharing several uplifting experiences. At times I wonder if we're having too much fun and then I realize, missionary work is about having fun too. I'm going to be honest, I'M LOVING LIFE RIGHT NOW! I FEEL MORE PUMPED THAN EVER!!!! WOOOHOOO! LIFE IS GOOD!

Love Always,
Elder Smith






No comments:

Post a Comment