I Love My Mission!

 Aug 25, 2014

Family and Friends,
    How was everyone's week?  Enjoying the last few breaths of the summer air?  How did it pass by so tremendously fast?  It feels as if I just blinked and now here we are wishing summer would last longer. However, I am looking forward to the winter and am hoping we will get some snow fall here in Eastern Washington.  Several people don't believe that this part of Washington is very appealing to the eye, but I absolutely love it and think the several farmlands are relaxing to look at. I've also been hearing a lot about some ice bucket challenge, I'm not too sure what that is all about, but it's apparently the new crave.  It's amazing how many things we're refrained from hearing due to lack of social media.  It's actually very relaxing not having to worry about updating Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook 24/7.  I love having the opportunity to focus on my purpose and continually strive to bring souls to come unto Christ.
    Our week was spiritually up lifting.  Yesterday, we had the amazing opportunity to have 3 investigators attend church with us.  One of them in Mariana.  Mariana now has a date to be baptized on the 13th of September.  Please keep her in your prayers. We also had Michael and Kasey come to church and it was evident that they thoroughly enjoyed Sacrament Meeting.  It's through coming to church that we see investigators progress the most.  There is such a strong spirit present within the walls of the church which is contagious.  Church is the place where I receive energy for the remainder of the week.  Alma 45:19 "Behold, this we know, that he was a righteous man; and the saying went abroad in the church that he was taken up by the spirit, or buried by the hand of the Lord, even as Moses." I have such a strong testimony of the necessity of church attendance.
    I've also received great joy this week from this quote and have strived to stress the importance of it unto our investigators.
“Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.
I hope you all have a great week.  I love you so very much!

Love always,
Elder Smith







No comments:

Post a Comment