Last Week of My Transfer

May 26, 2014

Family and Friends,
How's everything going for everyone at home?  I hope everyone is enjoying the weather and getting ready for a nice hot summer season.  The weather is already starting to warm up here in Washington and I assume the same for everyone else as well.  Summer truly is a beautiful time of the year when we have time to get together with family and simply relax.  Although I can't relax, I love to know that everyone at home is having a wonderful time.
I say it every single week, but I can't lie.  MY WEEK WAS GREAT!  It started off with a dairy tour at a local members dairy farm.  I have never in my life seen so many cows. We even almost got to see the miracle of life a couple of times at the maternity barn haha.  Also at the dairy, I got to milk my first cow and squirt the milk into my mouth. It sounds extremely disgusting, but you have to do it for the experience right?  In addition, I had a baby cow suck on my thumb which felt strange.  Let's just say I took a long shower after the dairy tour. 
The ride home from the dairy tour wasn't as exciting.  I was riding with the AP's back to our apartment and I felt a little sick.  *Keep in mind they drive a brand new 2014 truck*  Well, I kind of threw up in the car.  Luckily, I made it out of the car just in time, but it was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.  You have to have embarrassing moments to make memorable moments right?:)
I'm thoroughly convinced that the city of Othello, Washington has the cutest kids I have ever met in my entire life.  For example, this little boy named Omar is awesome.  I taught him how to say, "I am a child of God."  Every time he sees me he now says, "I am a child of God." Also, I decided to show a group of Mixteco kids some magic tricks that I know.  I did a trick in which I was "levitating."  One of the kids cussed and screamed, "***** That fool is flying homie."  Memorable moments like these always make me smile.
The other memorable moments in my mission involve the spiritual moments.  We have been blessed with several new investigators and people who are prepared to  hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Although we don't have anybody on date for baptism, we are trying our best and that's all the Lord asks.  It's going to get pretty crazy around here in the Mixteco work because there are several roomers that the area might get all rearranged.  Transfers are going to be absolutely crazy.  
I would like to share one of my new favorite scriptures in The Book of Mormon.  It's very simple, but it has so much significance.  In 2 Nephi 26:24 it reads,"He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world;for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him."  I especially love the end of this scripture, "he may draw all men unto him."  How incredibly powerful.  How beautiful is it to know that Christ's atoning sacrifice not only saves us, but is an invitation to come unto him.  Before my mission, I didn't realize that everything revolves around Jesus Christ.  He is the center of essentially everything we teach.  The opportunity I've had to come closer to him has been life changing.  I know that as we come closer to Christ, we will feel a light illuminate inside ourselves that we haven't recognized before. I love him and I know he loves all of us.    
I hope everyone has a great week. 

With great love,

Elder Smith





No comments:

Post a Comment