Week Four of My Second Transfer

Familia y Amigos,
Que Paso? Como Estan Todo!? Les Extrano Mucho!
I hope everyone had an amazing Mother's Day and gave appreciation to all of the extraordinary mothers out there. For my mothers day I had the opportunity to skype with my mother and the rest of my family.  It was emotional, but heartwarming to see my family is doing well.  However, we could only talk for one hour which was pretty difficult.  At the end of the conversation it was almost impossible to push the "end call" button.
My week in the mission has passed incredibly fast (yet again) and was full of several amazing experiences.  We had the chance to pick weeds twice this week.  Although this may not sound too appealing, it's always nice to take your mind off missionary work and do semi-worldly things.  Also, we got fed so well from the members this week.  I love how Hispanics eat meat with almost every meal.  Every time we have a dinner with a member, they always make sure we have at least two or three plates of food.  However, you will always get that occasional off the wall meal that you have to find a way to scarf down.  For example, yesterday we had a meal that started off well, but didn't have the best ending.  Mexicans absolutely love "Helote" or sweet corn in English.  The family we went too decided to add an extra little kick to the sweet corn.  They LAYERED mayonnaise upon mayonnaise onto the corn with tons of chile sauce.  I had to get that baby down so I simply closed my eyes and imagined I was eating an ice-cream. The joys of being a missionary:)
Our investigators are doing well and all of the prayers are definitely helping.  We had some stellar lessons with Natalio this week and learned a couple of new phrases in Mixteco. He is still on the journey to baptism on the 30th of this month. YAY!
Missionary work was kind of slow this week due to the several people that didn't want to answer their doors.  It's always a tad bit disappointing when you have high hoped for a lesson with an investigator and they don't show up or forget.  However, this is where fervent prayer and faith comes into play for a missionary.  The power of prayer is truly a remarkable gift given to us from God.  Our Father in Heaven wants to lead us and guide us, which can be accomplished by offering a sincere prayer.  We can pray at any moment and in any situation.  It may sound a little strange, but I have found that praying in the shower in the morning is a good place for me.  When we open our hearts with faith, I know that every child of God can receive comfort and counsel.  
Desire--->Faith--->Change of Heart--->Miracles
"Faith is the power, obedience is the price, love is the motive, the spirit is the key, Jesus Christ is the reason," President Ware.
As we accomplish a desire to follow Jesus Christ, we will be led and guided to a life full of happiness and unfathomable experiences.  I've noticed that as we continue our lives, we must always strive to obtain more faith. "Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breath away."  Moments that these are achievable through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love you all so much and keep you in my prayers every day.  I hope all is well and you all have an awesome week.  

Love you with all my heart,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment