With Christ, We Cannot Fail

August 3, 2015

Family and Friends,
What a wonderful time of year it is too relax and breathe in the fresh air. Our week here in the beautiful Yakima, Washington was incredible. We've been blessed to meet so many new people and watch the Lord do the work as we merely sit back and are instruments in His hands. I was reflecting this week on the power of missionary work. At one point I asked myself, why is this so exciting, but at times so tiresome? At last I came to the conclusion that this isn't all fun and games because it was never easier for someone much greater than I. I'm not the first one to ask that question because our Savior endured much more difficulties than we can ever imagine.  The Savior's righteous example of persevering through the good and the bad has given me a boost when I feel stressed or out of energy.
Elder Archibald and I are still getting along wonderfully. Every week with a companion, you come to realize more and more how kind hearted and wonderful they are! I love Elder Archibald and I'm grateful for the several memories we have shared with one another.
This week brings three different training's and a lot of exchanges around the mission. Probably one of my favorite parts about being an Assistant is the ability to go on exchanges with all of the zone leaders across the mission. There is just so much to learn from others and feel of the special spirit they have to provide! 
This past week we had the sacred privilege of seeing President and Sister Ware at the airport. President Ware gave me advice I will never forget. Sister Ware and I busted out in tears and we were all just an emotional wreck. I told them we would always be great friends and that we have to stay in contact!
I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you very much.

Love Always,
Elder Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment