True Discipleship

April 6, 2015 

Family and Friends,
WOOOO what a great weekend of General Conference in which we were blessed to hear the Prophet and Apostles speak to us and provide revelation to our hearts. As always, it was exactly what I needed at exactly the right time. An over compassing theme that was highlighted was becoming a true disciple of Jesus Christ. I also strengthened my testimony of the power of the spirit. Kevin Pearson stated, "If you lose the spirit you are lost." "We need worthy and spiritually energized missionaries," stated M. Russell Ballard. As the words came out of their mouths the spirit continually touched my heart and nudged me as if it were saying, "You can do better, you can improve, you can develop more faith, and you can become a better disciple of Jesus Christ." I'm so very grateful for the small whispers of the spirit which acts as a comforter.
All of our investigators are doing great and we are making the transition to enter "finding mode." We know that as we work close to the members and find through the spirit, the Lord will place in our path those who he has prepared. It all begins with faith. Faith, faith, faith; I would say the single most important principle of missionary work.
We are so excited for the baptism of Silvino this Saturday. Unfortunately, he drives truck 5 out of the 7 days of the week so it's been hard to contact him. However, we know and have complete faith he will enter into the waters of baptism this Saturday. Hortencia is doing incredible as well. We had a lesson with her this past week and asked her how she is doing with reading, praying, etc. She told us, "I find myself reading The Book of Mormon 1-2 hours every night before I go to bed. Also, I have to wake myself up early everyday before 3am so that I can say my prayers. They are that important to me. Quite frankly, the thing I want most in this world is for my kids to be baptized. Baptism was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me." My companion and I were filled with so much joy for the Lord's power in her conversion. 
Fun fact for the week. Because our area in Yakima is so incredibly sketchy, every time a car drives by my companion and I say "love you" so that our last words are kind words. Ohhhh, how I love my companion Elder Knowles. Life is good.

Well have a great week, love you all so much!

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment