An Amazing Remembrance of Our Savior

December 29, 2014
Family and Friends,
What an amazing opportunity we've all shared this week to commemorate the true meaning of Christmas. As presents were given and families gathered, we truly felt the Christmas spirit blossom. I'm thankful to have come to the conclusion of Christ's Divine Mission this past week. The divine mission of Christ is too show comfort to his Brothers and Sisters. The embrace of our Savior Jesus Christ is both indescribable and undeniable. "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up" (D&C 84:88). I hope we all felt the comfort of our Savior this holiday season through the joy of loved ones, family, etc. The Savior demonstrates comfort in various ways and forms.
My first Christmas in Washington was warm and relaxing. My favorite part of the holiday was seeing my families bright faces for the first time in several months. It's always exciting to hear about home and talk to those who matter most. I now understand the reasoning behind skyping with family only two times a year. I'm confident I would most likely get home sick if it exceeded two times;) We also ate dinner at two different homes, the Manley's and the Yeate's. I'd better start exercising harder or else my belly is going to have a watermelon inside. As I was skyping, the members kept bringing me food periodically as I scarfed it down in front of my family. "Wow, they just keep bringing it and you just keep eating, hard life!" said my family. It's true, we do get outrageously spoiled here in Washington with the delicious food that we constantly consume. The rest of the week was just as wonderful. We are having an amazing time in Quincy and will be staying for at least another six weeks. Elder Caskey and I were excited to hear the news. Hopefully this next transfer we will find success and focus on our purpose to our fullest capacity. I love the mission because there is always room for improvement and always room to change to become a more consecrated missionary. It all begins with putting everything on the altar of sacrifice. The mission has truly proved to be the most life changing thing in my life. 
I send all my love from Washington and all my best wishes this holiday season! I hope your holidays were full of our Saviors comfort and his embrace. I love you and I miss every single one of you immensely.

Love Always,
Elder Smith








No comments:

Post a Comment