"Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful"

December 22, 2014 

Family and Friends,
The weather outside is indeed frightful, but the Savior's love for us continues to be delightful. Christmas is right around the corner!  What happened to this holiday season? It has passed by in the blink of an eye!  However, I'm excited for the Christmas food, the Christmas spirit, and the Christmas gatherings that will take place this week.
Our week has been spiritually uplifting and full of several learning experiences! The week felt a tad bit unusual because I had my first birthday on the mission. The big 20. Although I'm no longer a teenager, I hope this doesn't mean I have to be mature, cause that just ain't gonna happen;) It was an amazing day filled with Mexican food and good company. My family sent me lots of good gifts including a door basketball hoop. That was a mistake...not really because my companion and I always have a great time messing around with it! Sometimes, we will even play "horse" to see who will be the investigator and who will be the missionary when we practice teaching with one another. 
Our area is moving slow with our investigators, but we are still pushing forward with an eternal perspective and witnessing miracles. One of the members that has not been to church in about 2 years recently came back into the branch. Also, we are in the process of re-activating our Ward Mission Leader which hasn't come to church in a year! They both have come to church the past 2 weeks! Our small little branch is slowly growing due to the Lord pouring down miracles. We are just loving the opportunity to serve in Quincy. 
I'm excited for the upcoming week because many fun things are in store. I wish you all a Merry Christmas this week and hope that it is filled with joy and happiness. If we want to have the very best Christmas, we must also focus on the birth of our Savior:)  Be safe, stay warm, and have fun. Sending all of my love to you from Washington this special Christmas season <3

Love Always, 
Elder Smith 






No comments:

Post a Comment