Hace Mucho Tiempo Que Nos Hemos Visto


 December 1, 2014
Hi Family and Friends,
Welcome to December, my favorite month in the whole year. Why do I love December? One simple reason. Everyone is just more happy and joyful. That's why! What a great time of the year it is to spend time with family and friends and cherish all the many things that we have been given. Although a large part of this year is spent shopping and spending, must we always remember the importance of this holiday season? HE is the reason, HE is the source, HE brings the joy, and HE performs the miracles. I would encourage everyone, including myself, to truly cherish the true significance of Christmas and focus everything around our Savior, Jesus Christ. The church has put out a phenomenal video titled, "He is the Gift." You can watch this video on Christmas.mormon.org. It is a friendly reminder on where our hearts should be placed this Christmas season.
This week, we have witnessed numerous miracles. The Lord blessed us with nine new investigators who were interested to hear about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have been grateful to have found so many new families who are prepared and ready. I wish we could take the credit, but there is no possible way we can. This was all brought to pass from the Lord guiding us to the elect.  By allowing us to feel his light in our lives to direct our hearts and direct the people in Quincy.  I love how we are all permitted to feel the light of Christ set direction and provide meaning in our lives. Something I've cherished this week is listening with my heart rather than my mind.
Acting upon the impressions of my heart in all times and in all places. When we listen with our mind, we often become unfocused and confused. However, the heart is what drives us and provides us with certainty. Heart, might, mind, and strength. There is no coincidence that "heart" always comes first in the sequence.
I love you all so much and hope you stay warm.
"If we are to have the very best Christmas ever, we must listen for the sound of sandaled feet." ~Thomas S. Monson.

Love Always,
Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment