Loving the Mission!

August 11, 2014 
Hello Family and Friends,
What an amazing week it's been here in the Washington, Kennewick Mission.  Great things are happening and the weather is absolutely phenomenal.  Like I say continually, I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful time of year and taking the last few moments of summer to relax and spend time with family.  Staying close and loving your family is something that we all need to cherish and keep close to our heart.  Family is what holds us all together and keeps us united.  Family and love are directly intertwined.
Elder Johnson and I tested our faith this week as we spent several hours knocking on doors.  We fortunately found a handful of people that are prepared to hear about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Although we received several rejections, we felt the Lord's hand guide us to the elect. It's amazing to see the two types of responses we recieve from those we contact. Although most people reject us, it is important to look at all of them as Sons and Daughters of Christ.  Only through pure love and charity can missionary work be brought to pass. Striving to achieve a perfect love of God's children can at times require acting in faith, but it's then that we will feel the light of Christ in our lives and theirs.
It has been an amazing opportunity to serve here in Warden, Washington. I love the people and I've come to love missionary work more while serving here.  It's truly been a test of my faith.  I know the Lord sent me here to gain experiences and to allow me to learn several important principals. Sorry for the semi-short letter, but I am getting booted-off.  I love you all so very much and appreciate all the support.

Love Always,
Elder Smith



  

No comments:

Post a Comment