Im Going to...Warden!

July 14, 2014 

Family and Friends,
It's been a crazy week here in the WKM because we had transfers!  Thus far, I haven't been too surprised with my transfer calls because I had somewhat of an idea what was going to happen. However, these transfer calls took me for quite a surprise.  I'm going to be transferred out of Othello 4th Spanish and Mixteco and put into the Warden Ward.  Warden is about 12 miles from Othello so I won't be moving that far, but it's still a big change.  Unfortunately, there are not nearly as many Spanish speakers there in Warden.  I'm hoping my Spanish will continue to progress. At first, I was very disappointed to be moving out of Othello because I feel like this is my home. I love the members here, I love the area, and I love the opportunity to speak Spanish wherever I go. However, this will be an amazing learning opportunity.  Warden is a small town with a bunch of farmers and unfortunately it always smells bad.  It's going to be AWESOME! 
So, I'm going to have two companions.  I'm going to be with Elder Sittman for three weeks (because he goes home in three weeks) and also a new missionary.  I'm going to have the opportunity to train a new missionary.  You have no idea how excited and enthusiastic I am to train a new missionary.  It's going to be a huge blessing and a huge learning experience!  We don't know who it's going to be yet, but we will find out this Wednesday.  YAAAAAYYYY! I'm stoked. 
I've had an amazing last week here in Othello with tons of hilarious experiences.  I could ramble on about all the experiences, but this email would be very long so I'll tell you just one.  We were teaching one of our investigators and we hear a knock on the door, it was the Jehovah's Witnesses. We were startled and didn't know what our investigator would say. "I already got my religious homies in here man!"  They looked through the door and we just sat there waving and smiling.  Afterwards, we all just cracked up and couldn't believe what had just happened. I'm so glad to have had such an amazing experience here in Othello. I will also miss Elder Chadwick a ton, we've had 6 weeks of fun and hard work.   It seems like all my companions on my mission just come and go... MAN! 
I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have and for the opportunity I have everyday to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Every day I walk around and think about what a blessing it is.  This week, I have grown a strong testimony about the power of the scriptures.  We have the opportunity every single day to receive revelation and guidance through both The Book of Mormon and The Bible.  Making the importance of the scriptures known unto our investigators is crucial.  I bear my witness that through the scriptures we can become closer to Christ and embrace the teachings that are necessary to fulfill our purpose on Earth.
Love you all so much,
Elder Smith





No comments:

Post a Comment