Three Months Completed Already! What?!

Family and Friends,

How great a time it is to be serving a mission for The Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I've received several emails from my friends who recently received their mission calls. The Lord is hastening the work and it is evident by the success of missionaries all around the world.  I came across an interesting verse in the Bible this week in regards to missionary work.  In Jeremiah 1:10 it reads, "See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down..." What a motivation this scripture has been.  I read this everyday before leaving the house to remind myself to "throw down." hehe
I've had several blessings come my way this week.  The first blessing I received was my new companion Elder Ribeiro!  We now have three people in our companionship.  Elder Ribeiro is from Brazil and is a super nice person.  Before he came on his mission, he only knew Portuguese.  However, he now speaks English, Spanish, and soon enough Mixteco.  We are both soccer fans and always talk about the World Cup coming up.  The World Cup is actually taking place in the city he lives in.  He is kind of upset he can't attend. This week we were also pleased to find 6 new investigators! Hopefully, they can continue to progress in the gospel and come to a knowledge of its truth.  Natalio (One of our investigators) is now on date for baptism:) This is the first time we've put someone on date since my mission, therefore I am ecstatic.
We had a couple of interesting experiences this past week as well.  The first occurred when I got invited to my first Mexican Birthday Party.  IT WAS AWESOME!  The Hispanic culture really knows how to have a good time.  They served us a large plate of goat which they had recently killed themselves. Nothing like a fresh meal!  Also this week, we had the opportunity to tear down an entire house for a service project.  I don't think I've ever had so much fun in my life!  I was in charge of the sledgehammer, which I wasn't going to complain about.  We had about 20 people there smashing anything they could.  Even the older men were having a blast kicking down doors, breaking glass, etc.
I would like to thank all of my friends and loved ones who are always supporting me at home.  I enjoy receiving emails every week of the exciting things happening.  I wish I could be there for them, but a mission is the place for me right now!  I LOVE MY MISSION AND I LOVE YOU GUYS! I hope you have a wonderful week filled with happiness and joy:)
"Preach the gospel at all times, when necessary use words." St. Francis of Assissi.
Love always and forever,
Elder Smith  


No comments:

Post a Comment