Love Is The Biggest Conductor of The Spirit

October 20, 2014 
Hello Hello Loved Ones,
    Guess what time it is? It's time for me to tell you how much I stinking love all of you! I can't help but think about all of the exciting things happening in all of your lives. Isn't life just good. As I was thinking this week, I thought about the miracle of life and the necessity to always have a positive mentality. The greatest part of all is there is a solution to remain positive at all times. Gratitude+Humility=Happiness. For example, this week I lost one of my shoes.  I looked and looked and could not find my left shoe anywhere. How this happened, I don't know. After a long and tiresome search, I finally found my shoe in the trunk. I didn't realize that this harmless experience would teach me an important lesson. The following day when I put on both of my shoes, I was grateful to find them with ease. It should not have taken a learning experience for me to become grateful and appreciative. We sometimes walk through the routines of life and don't realize the necessity to simply slow down, relax, and take a moment to appreciate every minor thing the Lord gives us. I was sad when I lost my shoe, but the days prior I thought nothing of it when I had them. He is the source, he is the light, we simply have to be humble enough to accept Him.
    Our week was absolutely amazing....what's new?:)  I just love the mission culture in all honesty.  There's something that gets me pumped up when I put on my name tag and walk out of that door everyday.  I know The Lord is the one pushing and providing this energy. The Spirit of the Lord is powerful, there's no if's, and's, or but's about it. By the voice of the Spirit we can know exactly how, where, and what to give of ourselves. Like the caption of this letter states, love is the biggest conductor of the spirit.  I testify that this is true. Imagine the world based on the principle of charity. "Charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him," Moroni 7:47. How can we allow charity to endure forever? Simple acts of kindness.  This is something that I personally, could improve on. Let us all strive to become a little more Christ-Like this week, however it may be. I'd like to share one more quote that has opened my eyes to this important truth. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf stated, "Love is the measure of our faith, and the inspiration for our obedience, and the true altitude of our discipleship."
   
Love Always,
Elder Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment