The Field is White

November 2, 2015 

Family and Friends,
I send you all of my love and prayers from Wenatchee, Washington. My heart is full of joy this week (and every week) for the support and prayers that I receive from you. I hope all is well and you are getting physically and spiritually "suited up" for this upcoming Winter. Spanish missionaries anticipate this time of year because our teaching pool will grow immensely. I've come to love and grow a deep respect for the Hispanic culture, they are genuine and down to earth. 
Our week was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! We got our car taken away and given to another area which was a miracle. Being without a car is one of the greatest blessings you can receive in the mission field. And I hope you know I'm not being sarcastic! Elder Kiser and I have loved tracting and burning off the fat rolls I have acquired. Without a car, you have no room to slack off because you stay focused on your purpose 24/7. My companion has a watch that calculates how far we walk and we hit 50 miles this week. 
Elder Kiser and I are getting along wonderfully. "You two Elders are like a circus act," said another missionary. I will admit, when we're walking the streets we might do a little dance or start singing, but it keeps us going. However, our main source of energy is our love for the Lord. If we make love for God and his children our prime motivator, we can't go off course. LOVE and HUMILITY are the overarching principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm thoroughly convinced that if we sincerely and frequently express love, our desires will be pure and our motives will be centered on selfless service. "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law (Romans 13:10)." 
I know that Jesus Christ lives as surely as did Joseph Smith when he prayed for guidance. There is no doubt in my mind that the Gospel of Jesus Christ forms and molds us into sanctified disciples. I'm eternally grateful for what my mission has meant to me. It has and will forever shape the course of my life. I love my Savior and I love my Father in Heaven and I love all of you.
Love Always,
Elder Smith






No comments:

Post a Comment