We Lighten the Loads of Others Best By Helping The Lord Strengthen Them

August 17, 2015 

Family and Friends,
It's been a joyful week here in the beautiful states of both Washington and Oregon. We had the wonderful opportunity to go on exchanges with several different zone leaders this week including The Dalles Zone which is located in Oregon. It's hard to believe that my father and I were both in the same state at the same time. A quick side note for my father to say thank you for the service you have rendered these past couple of weeks, you are my hero. As I pondered and thought about the several role-models I have in my life, I realized the magnitude and importance of learning from others. We all have a remarkable opportunity to, in a sense, mooch off other peoples talents. We are all given certain abilities and talents and if we "bury them" others will be hindered.  D&C 60:2 reads, "But with some I am not well pleased, for they will not open their mouths, but they hide the talent which I have given unto them, because of the fear of man. Wo unto such, for mine anger is kindled against them." We must multiply our talents to the fullest potential. 
The greatest way to share our talents is to share what the Lord has already blessed us with, the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. A knowledge that the gospel is true is the most incredible "talent" the Lord has ever given to us. It opens the windows of heaven and permits a higher power to lead and direct our lives. We must share this talent and as we do so, The Lord will strengthen them. By directing them towards our Savior He will make a lasting influence on their lives which was conditional upon your decision to share your talent. "If you labor all your days and bring one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy," D&C 18:15.
We are excited and anxious for the arrival of Elder Packer next week! It will be a memorable and revelatory experience. 
Our investigators are still doing wonderful and are growing a stronger and stronger testimony every time we visit with them. Ray is getting baptized on the 29th and keeps talking about how much this will change the course of his life. Please pray for Ray and Rocky that they may press forward with faith and continue to have sincere desires.
I love you all so incredibly much and am appreciative of all the many talents you have shared with me throughout the course of my life. I hope your week is wonderful and that you do something special for somebody else.

Love Always,
Elder Smith






No comments:

Post a Comment